Here is this evening’s Daily Run Down.
- Newegg defeats shopping cart patent troll that sued nearly 50 online retailers
- Boy Scouts of America Says Discussing End to Ban on Gay Members – Oh, too much pressure got to them I see.
- Freedom Trading Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Super Power a Product Marketed as a Dietary Supplement to Support Male Sexual Performance Due to Undeclared Potentially Hazardous Active Ingredient
- The Hartz Mountain Corporation is voluntarily withdrawing its Hartz Chicken Chews and Hartz Oinkies Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken for dogs
- Sprouter Northwest Recalls Alfafa Brocco Sandwich Sprouts Clover Spicy Sprouts Because of Possible Health Risk
- Oil spill feared after barges crash on Mississippi
- Dick Van Dyke is honored with lifetime achievement award at SAG ceremony
- Plane crashes into Hudson 2 rescued
- Ariel Sharon Brain Scan Shows Response to Stimuli
- Icelandic victory on Icesave cash
- Delhi gang-rape suspect faces maximum three-year jail term – WTF? The culture in India needs to change.
- Gas leak proves fatal at Samsung chip plant in Korea
- Threat to UK embassy in Tripoli
- Baby blown into freezing sea saved by amazing response of rescuers
- Hillary Clinton coy about White House ambitions on 60 Minutes
- Senate to vote on Sandy relief – It’s taken them long enough to get the vote done.
- New Yorks heat may be warming Siberia – Global Warming at its finest.
- Iran has launched monkey into space claims news agency
- How Should We Write about Statistics in Public
- Doomed Dolphin Speaks to New Yorks Vibrant Wildlife
- US Military Building Space Robot to Recycle Satellites Video – WALL-E!
- Study Bolsters Quantum Vibration Scent Theory
- Nanoparticle Leads to World Record for Battery Storage
- Micro-Needles Allow Painless DNA Vaccines
- Earthquake Early Warning System Demonstration
- Chameleon Star Baffles Astronomers
- A climate seesaw in the Atlantic
- Stomach Botox Injections Dont Help Weight Loss
- Snowy Falls at Yosemite National Park
- No Boeing 787 battery fault found
- Caterpillar pessimistic on any demand increase for 2013
- Yahoo Beats Earnings Estimates on Flattish Revenue
- Employers Increasingly Rely on Internal Referrals in Hiring
- Digital maven named as new CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment – Maybe now we can get some Warner Brothers stuff on streaming.
- Seagate invests $40 million in Virident forges flash pact
- Did Rise of Ancient Human Ancestor Lead to New Stone Tools
- MIDI turns 30 a revolutionary open music standard lives on
- Changing Times
- Pride and Prejudice Turns 200
- Preserve CIA prisons as evidence lawyers for 9/11 suspects ask
- Anti-Science Bills Weighed in Four States – Anti-Science? Must be fucking republican states. Fucking idiots.
- Court Again Says Its Okay For The Feds To Snoop Through Your Digital Info Without Telling You – Fuck.
- Lenovo backtracks on possible RIM bid
- World Memory Competitors Show Off Pure Brain Storage
- Intels SSD 525 Bringing iSandForce to mSATA
- Andrew Sullivan Nate Silver and the shifting balance of power for media brands
- New Republic Old Pay Wall
- Google sheds light on how it handles government requests for your email
- A century-old Yiddish newspaper takes to the web
- Microsoft to launch the new Office commercially on January 29
- BlackBerry World music and video offerings detailed next day downloads for TV
- Brotherly Love Prompts Young Entrepreneurs Autism App
- Top grossing iPad app ComiXology pushes its digital comics service into Europe scoop
- Apple removes Vine as Editors Choice in App Store amid hardcore porn concerns
- Royal hoax DJs show cancelled in wake of nurse suicide
- Teenager stabbed to death in Pimlico
- Cyclists killed in Bristol hit and run were married couple
- Apple users launch U.K. legal case against Google tracking
- Mayor accused over Murdoch dinner
- Scotland facing enormous costs for independent security
- Balancing tradeoffs across different customers
- The Great Corgi Escape with Ferris and Dot
- Lucasfilm postpones Star Wars Episode II and III 3D focusing on Abrams-directed Episode VII
- Library solves digital age puppy potty problem
- Truck overturns at intersection narrowly missing motorcyclist VIDEO
- Car bursts through wave of sea foam nearly hits police VIDEO
- January 28 2013
- Who Needs a Real Truck Bed Anyway
- Cant Argue With That Logic
- Tetris Shelves WIN – Hmm… I need some of that shelving.
- Well Theres Gradians Too.
- Texas Instruments in the Hizzouse Yo
- Redneck Repair French Style
- If You Say So Doctor
- Well Duh
- You Ruined EVERYTHING
- Natures Abomination
- Statue of idiocy – *FacePalm*
- Well This Will Be Fun
- Not Like a Boss
- The Combination You Never Asked For
- Halvorson says she wont join Democrats on assault weapons ban – Hmm…. not very Democratic of her…
- CO leak suspected in 2 deaths They were very good people
- Protesters call for adult trauma center at U. of C. four arrested
- Area schools ahead of curve in opportunities for disabled athletes – This is something that Chicagoland should be ahead in.
- West Side shooting injures boy 17
- Trains moving again on South Shore Line
- There Are 264000 Square Meters Of Garden In Chicago
- Half Of The Nations Top Delivery Foods Are From Chicago
- Charity to Raffle Off $2.45 Million Gold Coast Penthouse
Total Number of stories: 103
Look for more stories tomorrow.