Here is today’s Daily Run Down.
- Martin King, Co-Creator of the T9 predictive text algorithm has died.
- Tivo has delayed their DirecTV HD unit until 2011.
- Here are 11 Science-Fiction predictions that ultimately became true.
- In 46 BC, Julius Caesar dedicates a temple to Venus Genetrix.
- In 1687, part of the Parthenon is destroyed during the during a bombing from the Venetian forces.
- In 1774, Johnny Appleseed, an American environmentalist, was born.
- In 1777, British Troops occupy Philadelphia during the American Revolution.
- In 1820, Daniel Boone, an American Frontiersman dies.
- In 1888, American-born British Writer T.S. Eliot is born.
- In 1914, The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is established.
- In 1918, the Single bloodiest battle, the Meuse-Argonne offensive begins.
- In 1944, Operation Market Garden fails.
- In 1960, the First televised debate took place>.
- In 1973, The Concorde makes it’s first non-stop flight over the Atlantic Ocean in record time.
- In 2008, Actor Paul Newman dies.
Look for more stories tomorrow. If an important story has been missed please leave it in the comments.