Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1098, The first Siege of Antioch ends.
- In 1535, Pope Leo XI is born.
- In 1567, Irish King Shane O’Neill dies.
- In 1692, Bridget Bishop is the first person to go to trial in the Salem Witch Trials.
- In 1773, American planter and politician John Randolph of Roanoke is born.
- In 1774, The Quartering Act is enacted.
- In 1835, P.T. Barnum and his circus start their first tour of the United States.
- In 1840, Thomas Hardy, English Writer, is born.
- In 1855, The Portland Rum Riot occurs in Portland, Maine.
- In 1886, President Grover Cleveland marries Frances Folsom in the White House.
- In 1899, American naturalist Edwin Way Teale is born>.
- In 1910, Charles Rolls becomes the first man to make a non-stop double crossing of the English Channel by Plane.
- In 1919, Anarchists set off bombs across eight U.S. cities.
- In 1941, American Actor Stacy Keach was born.
- In 1941, American baseball player Lou Gehrig dies.
- In 1953, Queen Elizabeth II is crowned the Queen of the United Kingdom.
- In 1970, Racecard designer Bruce McLaren dies.
- In 1979, Pope John Paul II begins his visit to Poland as Pope.
- In 1990, The Lower Ohio Valley Outbreak occurs spawning 66 confirmed tornadoes.
- In 2004, Ken Jennings begins his 74-game winning streak on Jeopardy.
- In 2008, American Musician Bo Diddley dies.
- In 2012, American Actress Kathryn Joosten dies.
Look for more current news later and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 22 stories this week.