Here is this morning’s Daily Run Down.
- Tropical Nut and Fruit Co. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts in
- Columbia recalls Omni-Heat electric jackets due to burn hazard or for working too well
- Beer Less Important Than the Bottle
- Atlanta school shooting raises doubts about metal detectors
- US secret service chief Mark Sullivan retires
- RIP Barney Bush Age 12
- Calorie Labels Inaccurate Experts Say – No shit.
- Abnormal gut bacteria linked to severe malnutrition
- Tiny Motor Powered by Single Molecule
- Zombies take over the museum
- Build Your Own Moon Online Lunar Game Nabs Honors
- Scientists capture video of a thought being formed in a brain
- Ed Koch a collection of favorite New York minutes with the mayor
- Cardiologist who photographed Columbia disaster now an Associated Press contributor
Tips and Tricks
- Call of Duty Championship coming in April promises $1 million purse – I’d enter, but I don’t think I’d be able to get past the first round.
- Weekend PC download deals Antichambering
- Madden NFL 25 is this years Madden game cover voting starts March 11
- KrÃ¶me case for iPhone promises interchangeable add-ons
- Intel Releases 180GB SSD 335
- Easily Amplify Your Tunes
- Valve Sued In Germany Over Right To Resell Games – I actually agree with this lawsuit. We should be able to re-sell our digitally purchased items.
- DARPAs 1.8 gigapixel drone camera is a high-res Fourth Amendment lawsuit waiting to happen
- Super Bowl plans to handle 30000 Wi-Fi users at once–and sniff out
- Dishs interest in Clearwire is making it hard for Sprint to close the deal
- Verizons new prepaid plans start at $60 but you have better options
- Java updated again Snow Leopard users cannot run browser applets
- Twitter Says 250000 Accounts Possibly Compromised
- Impossible to Lose
- You Must Start With the Basics…
- The Handy Dandy Guide to Facebook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Mining for Swag
- Such a Lovely and Original Name
- Dart on releasing murder convict We let people down no mistake
- FBI Man robs North Side bank for second time
- Sen. Kirk opposes Chuck Hagel as defense nominee – Wait, in 2000 the Republicans wanted him as Defense Secretary, now in 2013, they don’t. The Republicans are just as bad as the Catholic Church.
- Metra train hits vehicle in Blue Island
- $86 Million in the Pocket
- Semi-Trailer Stuck Under Viaduct in Bucktown
Total Number of stories: 46
Look for more news stories this evening.