Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down
- In 68, Roman Emperor Nero dies.
- In 1534, Jacques Cartier is the first European to discover the St. Lawrence River.
- In 1672, Russian emperor Peter the Great is born.
- In 1717, French Mystic Jeanne Guyon dies.
- In 1732, James Oglethorpe is granted a royal charter for the colony of the future state of Georgia.
- In 1762, British forces begin the Siege of Havana.
- In 1836, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, English physician and feminist, is born>.
- In 1856, Five-Hundred Mormons leave Iowa City and head west to Salt Lake City.
- In 1861, French physicist, Pierre Duhem is born.
- In 1870, English Author Charles Dickens dies.
- In 1875, English pharmacologist Henry Hallett Dale is born.
- In 1873, Alexandra Palace in London burns down after being open sixteen days.
- In 1915, American guitarist and inventor Les Paul is born.
- In 1923, The Bulgarian government is taken over in a coup d’etat.
- In 1934, Donald Duck makes his first appearance.
- In 1958, Queen Elizabeth II opens London Gatwick Airport.
- In 1968, President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a national day of mourning following the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy.
- In 1973, Secretariat wins the Triple Crown.
- In 2007, Purse Designer, and Real World Star, Frankie Abernathy died.
Look for more current news later today and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 19 stories this week.