Millions of individuals have now received their new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus devices. There are some that may have, like myself, enabled Two-Factor authentication with Apple. If they are upgrading their iOS device, it would be a good time to add that new device as a trusted device. I thought I would provide a step-by-step tutorial on how to accomplish this.
- Enable Find My iPhone on your device.
- Open Safari
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com
- Click on “Manage Your Apple ID”.
- Enter in your Apple ID and Password.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Select a device to authenticate your login.
- Click on Next.
- Wait for one-time code to be sent.
- Enter in the digits from the one-time passcode.
- Click on “Verify”.
- Click on “Passwords and Security” on the left.
- Under “Manage your trusted devices”, click on “Add or Remove Trusted Devices”.
- Locate the Device that needs to be added.
- Click on “Verify” next to the device that you want to add.
- Wait for the one-time code to be sent.
- Enter in the verification code that was sent to your new device.
- Click Verify.
It is that simple to add a device to your trusted devices for two-factor authentication for Apple.