Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1191, Richard I of England marries Berengaria of Navarre.
- In 1469, Gustav I of Sweden is born.
- In 1670, Augustus II the Strong is born.
- In 1689, William III of England joins the League of Augsburg.
- In 1860, English Architect Charley Barry is born.
- In 1870, The Manitoba Act is given Royal Assent.
- In 1889, English businessman John Cadbury dies.
- In 1925, American baseball player Yogi Berra was born.
- In 1932, Charles Lindbergh, Jr. is found dead after his abduction.
- In 1935, The first meeting between the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous occurs.
- In 1937, American author, actor and Comedic Genius George Carlin is born.
- In 1942, 1500 Jews are sent to gas chambers in Auschwitz.
- In 1949, The Soviet Union lifts its blockade of Berlin.
- In 1965, Soviet Spacecraft Luna 5 crashes on the Moon.
- In 1968, American skateboarder Tony Hawk was born.
- In 1992, Actor Robert Reed dies.
- In 2002, U.S. President Jimmy Carter arrives in Cuba for a five-day visit with Fidel Castro.
- In 2008, An earthquake strikes in Sichuan, China, killing over 69,000 people.
Look for more current news later and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 18 stories this week.