Here is this evening’s Daily Run Down.
- US fiscal deal leaves science vulnerable
- Hugo Chavez in delicate condition after cancer surgery
- Fiscal cliff cheat sheet Everything you need to know about the deal – MSNBC
- Apple says iOS Do Not Disturb glitch will fix itself after January 7th – This is not an acceptable answer. Your software shouldn’t exhibit this behavior.
- With final vote Congress resolves fiscal cliff drama
- Teacher morale dangerously low
- Paparazzo killed snapping Bieber – Sad. This is the Celebrity culture that we have created. This is enough. Celebrities ARE NOT THAT FUCKING INTERESTING.
- Hearing for accused Colo. shooter to begin Monday – USA TODAY
- Downhill Boarders just outside of L.A
- Obama NY and NJ lawmakers press for Sandy aid
- Cyprus apologizes to Egypt over envoys footwear row
- French prisoners use table leg to flee 14th century jail
- Man held over Thai beach shooting
- Singapore growth beats estimates
- Delhi women march against rape
- Fog causes travel chaos in India
- Syria conflict at least 60000 dead says new UN report – live updates – Sad… very sad….
- Paris apartment fire kills five
- Hugo Chavez in delicate condition after cancer surgery
- Woman trapped in shop at new year
- Central African Republic Rebels Halt Advance
- New Zealand skittled for only 45
- Jean Michel Jarre denies London tax move
- 5 female teachers killed in Pakistan Another anti-polio vaccine attack
- Ivory Coast stampede death toll rises
- Chinas Ice Festival
- Politics Is Key to Avoiding Global Warming Catastrophe – No Shit.
- Tea party backers swallow a bitter pill in cliff bill
- Analysis In era of gridlock Congress
- Lloyd Elliott former George Washington University president dies at 94
- Beate Gordon Feminist Heroine in Japan Dies at 89
- US singer Patti Page dies aged 85
- Doctors under siege by mega-hospitals
- Being overweight linked to lower risk of mortality – Another ‘No Shit’ study.
- Identical twins give birth hours apart
- Fired over flu shot
- 2013 Smart Guide Arctic melt will spark weird weather
- Skidology Winter research that lets things slide
- LHC to stir up hot particle soup before 2013 shut down
- Baby Panda Rings in 2013
- Frozen Alaska Bucking Global Warming Trend
- Do Natural Remedies Really Work
- The world to burn as much coal as oil by 2017
- Moon May Outshine Quadrantid Meteor Shower Tonight
- Deepest Corals in Great Barrier Reef Discovered
- Volcanoes on Venus Clues About Earths Boiling Twin
- Hairy Eyeball Caused by Rare Tumor
- Hewlett-Packard considers dumping units that miss targets
- Avis buys Zipcar for $500 million A look at the IT threads
- Car rental biz Avis to acquire Zipcar for $500M cash
- Auto sales saved the economy in 2012
- FTSE 100 breaks 6000 as fiscal cliff and eurozone fears recede
- Which countries tax the most
- War shells found by bait digger
- Stone-Age cinema Cave art conceals first animations
- Squash Holds Decapitated King Louis XVIs Blood
- So What Didnt Enter The Public Domain This Week That Should Have – This is why we need to abandon stupid Copyright laws.
Tips and Tricks
- Send more than ebooks to Kindle devices and apps
- How To Easily Find The Best After Christmas Sales
- Guarding Your Website from Hackers
- Rumor Black Ops 2 Revolution pack coming January 29
- Tomb Raider multiplayer developed by Eidos Montreal
- Zen Pinball 2 Wii U delayed to this month
- Court dismisses Apples lawsuit against Amazon over the term app store [updated]
- Weird State Laws Take Effect in 2013
- Texas among 10 states facing lawsuits over education funding
- Lawsuit over NCAA sanctions
- Judges look at whether charter schools are public
- Samsung Must Reveal Some Gadget Sales Data in Apple Suit
- Patent trolls want $1000–for using scanners – FUCK THAT SHIT!
- Babak Parviz Reveals Progress And Future Of Google Glass In New Interview
- Samsung unveils Smart TV transformer kits ahead of CES 2013
- Total Recall Offers Killer App for Google Glasses – I just need to it to remember my passwords for me.
- Tobii Rex lets you control any Windows 8 PC with eye-tracking tech
- The telephone network that ran on barbed wire
- No The Major Labels Didnt Fake 2 Billion YouTube Views
- Polaroid opening stores just to print your smartphone photos – Okay, we’ll see how well this goes.
- Fandango Says 2012 Ticket Sales Highest Ever
- Mobile merger CTIA and MobileCon morph into super show
- Android dominates mobile market – San Francisco Chronicle
- Nokia to lock down access to Navifirm and early firmware images later this month
- TSMC to Begin Trial Production of Apples A6X Chip This Quarter
- Upcoming 2013 Macs To Include Super Fast 802.11ac 5G Wi-Fi – Which would also mean new Airport Extremes and Airport Expresses too…
- iPhone 5S to reportedly launch by June with multiple color options and two different display sizes
- Rail travellers hit by fare rises
- Girl raises £20000 for hospital
- A-Z Pubcrawl Where Are The Best Pubs In St Jamess And Mayfair
- House prices in London rise by 7%
- Dropped bricks hit lorries on M25
- Ambulance service calls up by 20%
- VIDEO Digital sales break £1bn barrier
- Rail fare structure not ideal admits transport minister – If it’s not ideal, then change it. Simple.
- Call to adopt Small Business Saturday in UK – It’s stupid in the US… it’d still be stupid in the UK.
- Jimmy Savile police arrest two more men
- Family of Briton killed in Thai New Years Eve party completely devastated
- Twin mothers in Ohio give birth the same day
- Sperm donor fights Kansas request to pay child support
- Bear Tunnels to Be Built Under Georgia Highway – And I thought ‘Wolf Highways’ in West Wing was absured.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
- Could Arming Teachers Work – NO FUCKING WAY.
- January 02 2013
- Kolmogorov Directions
- Lesson #1624 – Medical Research
- No Appetizers
- I Feel SOOO Much Better
- Vending Machine WIN
- Summer Fan – Noise Reduction.
- Astronomy With Professor Tsoukalos
- Outta My Way B**ch
- Ive Got a Lot to Look Forward To
- Like I Couldnt Have Figured It Out Myself…
- Extreme Seesawing
- Awww Yea Get Me Some of Dat Hydrogen
- Good Samaritan Firefighting – Hey, it worked.
- Go Home Ikea You Are Drunk
- Thanks For Clearing That Up
- You Might Have a Foam Snake Problem
- McCaskey Money no factor in Bears coach search
- 1 questioned in Chicago womans slaying in Munster
- Punk Apparel Store Owner Ready to Show Off His Upscale Artistic Side
- Charter Schools Ring Up Fines More Public Funding
- Man walks into hospital with gunshot wound
- Man dog found dead in Algonquin fire
- Know Your Wintertime Rights
- Food Truck Licenses Stuck in Traffic
- Couple in 1st Cook County wedding of year
- Sen. Mark Kirk says he would support an assault weapons ban
Total Number of stories: 134
Look for more stories tomorrow.