Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1192, Conrad of Montferrat dies.
- In 1503, The Battle of Cerignola is fought.
- In 1630, English Poet Charles Cotton is born.
- In 1758, 5th President of the United States, James Monroe, is born.
- In 1788, Maryland ratifies the Constitution of the United States.
- In 1792, France invades the Austrian Netherlands starting the French Revolutionary War.
- In 1869, Ten Miles of Track is laid on the Central Pacific Railroad.
- In 1908, Austro-Hungarian industrialist, and savior of many Jews during World War II, Oskar Schindler is born.
- In 1920, Azerbaijan is annexed into the Soviet Union.
- In 1926, American Author Harper Lee was born.
- In 1932, A vaccine for Yellow Fever is announced.
- In 1934, American Author Lois Lowry was born.
- In 1937, Iraqi Politician Saddam Hussein is born.
- In 1944, American Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox dies.
- In 1945, Benito Mussolini and his Mistress Calra Petacci are executed.
- In 1952, Dwight D. Eisenhower resigns at Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.
- In 1969, Charles de Gaulle resigns as President of France.
- In 1996, President Bill Clinton gives a 4 1/2 hour videotaped testimony for his defense of the Whitewater Controversy.
Look for more current news later and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 18 stories this week.