Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1030, Olaf II of Norway dies.
- In 1099, Pope Urban II dies.
- In 1565, Mary, Queen of Scots marries Henry Stuart.
- In 1567, James VI is crowned King of Scotland.
- In 1644, Pope Urban VIII dies.
- In 1646, German Composer Johan Theile is born.
- In 1797, American Financier Daniel Drew is born.
- In 1805, French Historian and Political Scientist Alexis de Tocqueville is born.
- In 1848, During the Irish Potato Famine the Tipperary Revolt occurs.
- In 1858, The United States and Japan sign the Harris Treaty.
- In 1864, Confederate spy Belle Boyd is arrested.
- In 1883, Italian Dictator Benito Mussolini is born.
- In 1890, French Painter Vincent Van Gogh dies.
- In 1891, Israeli gynecologist Bernhard Zondek is born.
- In 1921, Adolf Hitler becomes the leader of the National Socialist German Workers Party.
- In 1938, American Journalist Peter Jennings is born.
- In 1948, The 1948 Olympics Games in London open.
- In 1953, American film producer Ken Burns was born.
- In 1957, The International Atomic Energy Agency is established.
- In 1958, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the National Aeronautics and Space Act, which created NASA.
- In 1966, Musical Artist Martina McBride was born.
- In 1972, American Actor Wil Wheaton was born.
- In 1976, In New York City, David Berkowitz kills one person and wounds another in a series of attacks.
- In 1981, 700 Million people watch the Wedding of Prince Charles and Diana Spencer.
- In 2005, Astronomers announce the discovery of the dwarf planet Eris.
Look for current news stories tomorrow and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 25 stories this week.