Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 988, Dunstan, Archbishop of Canterbury, dies.
- In 1536, Anne Boleyn, Second wife of Henry VIII is beheaded.
- In 1586, Queen Elizabeth I orders the arrest of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- In 1749, King George II of Great Britain grants a charter to the Ohio Company for land around the forks of the Ohio River.
- In 1773, Arthur Aikin, English mineralogist, is born.
- In 1795, American statesman, and signer of the Declaration of Independence, Josiah Bartlett, dies.
- In 1828, President John Quincy Adams signs the Tariff of 1828 into law..
- In 1890, Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh is born.
- In 1897, Oscar Wilde is released from Reading Gaol Prison.
- In 1921, The U.S. Congress passes the Emergency Quota Act.
- In 1925, American civil rights leader Malcolm X is born.
- In 1939, American Astronaut Dick Scobee is born.
- In 1961, Venera 1 becomes the first man-made object to fly-by another planet.
- In 1971, American Poet Ogden Nash dies.
- In 1991, Croatians vote for independence.
Look for more current news later and another historical daily run down, next week.
There are 15 stories this week.