Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 425, Valentinian III becomes Roman Emperor at the age of 6.
- In 1641, The Irish Rebellion of 1641 begins.
- In 1707, The first Parliament of Great Britain meets.
- In 1715, Tsar Peter II of Russia is born.
- In 1762, American Inventory Samuel Morey is born.
- In 1861, President Abraham Lincoln suspends the writ of habeas corpus.
- In 1875, American Chemist Giblert N. Lewis is born.
- In 1911, The first use of aircraft in wartime occurs.
- In 1929, The first transcontinental air service begins between New York City and Los Angelas.
- In 1939, Author Zane Grey dies.
- In 1942, Author Michael Crichton is born.
- In 1959, Musical Parodist, “Weird Al” yankovic was born.
- In 1960, Computer Science Professor, Randy Pausch, is born.
- In 1973, President Richard Nixon agrees to turn over subpoenaed audio tapes of his Oval Office conversations.
- In 2001, Apple announces the iPod.
Look for more current news tomorrow and another historical daily run down next week.