Back in 2010, I shipped an iPad only app called wwrite. I have written a whole analysis of the current state of my apps which goes in depth including lessons learned.
wwrite 5.0.0 and wwriteLite 5.0.0 are big updates that include a few new features, fixes some bugs, and changed a few things. Here is a full list of the changes.
- There are 5 new icons, Green, Moon, Orange Gradient, Psychedelic, and Sun.
- Modified Customize Templates to now allow you to choose from over 340 colors instead of using the sliders that have been used previously in the app.
- Added Share button to export current file, which also allows for quickly copying the file contents to another app.
- You can now perform actions on files in the File List, including Locking/Unlocking File, Enabling/Disabling Auto Save, Sharing a File, duplicating a file, and deleting a file.
- Created an “Ad” to advertise the ability to Remove Ads. This will appear intermittently and is wwriteLite only.
- Added support for TrackPads and Mice.
- Added more keyboards shortcuts, including Archives, About, Support via Email, Support Via Twitter, Settings, and Customize Templates.
- You can now navigate the File List with the up and down arrow keys.
- Escape key while on Text will go back to the File List.
- Added support for 2nd Generation 11-inch iPad Pro.
- Added support for 4th Generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- Moved Print Button to Tools menu to make room for “Share” button.
- Adjusted Distraction Mode icon to show on any background
- Fixed an issue with the tint color not being set properly when starting the app on a file.
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash when importing templates from wwriteLite.
- Fixed the archive emailer not closing when you cancelled sending an archive
- Fixed the inability to cancel a file creation on an iPhone or iPod touch when you don’t have any templates
- Fixed an issue that stopped the tint color from updating when you changed the app icon