Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1640, King Charles I dissolves the Short Parliament.
- In 1809, Mary Kies becomes the first woman awarded a patent.
- In 1818, German philosopher Karl Marx is born.
- In 1866, Memorial Day is first celebrated in Waterloo, New York.
- In 1934, The first Three Stooges short is released.
- In 1941, Natalie of Serbia dies.
- In 1945, American journalist Kurt Loder was born.
- In 1949, The Treaty of London is signed.
- In 1991, A riot breaks out after Washington, D.C. Police shoot a man from Salvador.
Look for more current news later and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 9 stories this week.