Here is today’s Daily Run Down.
- Clinton Meets With New Libyan Leaders in Tripoli
- People rescued from Philly basement speak
- Ominous Signs: Track Conditions Questioned Before Wheldon’s Death
- CLASSIC: We Invented It For You and Everything!
- Verizon Officially Unveils The World’s Thinnest Smartphone: The Motorola Droid RAZR
- What Will It Take For International E-Book Markets To Take Off?
- Effects of global warming threaten island nation Maldives
- The Two Pizza Rule
- Winged Robot Is Time Machine to Origins of Flight
- Revive a Pumpkin with an Ice Bath (and Other Pumpkin Carving Tricks) [Halloween]
- Company Thanks Guy Who Alerted Them To Big Security Flaw By Sending The Cops… And The Bill
- HP TouchPad gets webOS 3.0.4 update, now able to answer calls from non-webOS phones
- Trouble! Trouble! Trouble!
- Streisand and others honored; Davis has baby news
- Last Chance to See Doomed German Satellite in Night Sky
- Dilworth plaza
- Rainy Day in Paris [Wallpaper]
- Dropbox Indeed Balked at Major Acquisition Offer from Apple
- Chicago ticketing cars with old city stickers?
- Buy It Now: The Seven Year Pen Will Last You Seven Years, As Long As You Don't End Up Losing It Before Then
- The Legacy of the 1961 Freedom Rides
- When did the giant impact that formed the Moon take place?
- ‘British Cinema’s Golden Age Is Now’: So Where’s The ‘Serious Problem’ Of Copyright Infringement?
- FAQ: How Are Cloned Animals Made?
- PS3 firmware 3.73 now available
- Mojang wins interim injunction battle, can keep using ‘Scrolls’ name for now
- 10 Truths about Social Media & Social Business you need to know.
- An Off the Wal Greeting
- Evanston board recommends 5-cent fee on shopping bags
- AutocoWrecks: The Colour of Magic
- Skokie rejects $6 million downtown development plan
- Apple releases minor 4.4.1 software update for Apple TV [u]
- American Artist Calls L.A. Ugly
- Mass Infringement Lawyer Complains About Too Many People Challenging His Lawsuits
- Bits Blog: One on One: Jeff Jarvis, Author of ‘Public Parts’
- With 250M tweets per day, Twitter plans ‘simplicity’ strategy
- Kids Under 2 Should Play, Not Watch TV, Doctors Say
- Country stars raise $500K for Texas fire victims
- It’s Official: To Protect Baby’s Brain, Turn Off TV
- Oct. 18, 1945: Red Spy Steals U.S. Atom Bomb Secrets
- Viacom and Google Pick Up the Gloves, Again
- UK Orders Asset Freeze Over Assassination Plot
- Move Over, China: Why India May Be the Better Partner for Latin America
- Why the World May Be Running Out of Clean Water
- What Has The FCC Done To Actually Encourage Competition?
- So far, Midwest drier, warmer than normal but look out
- Clock ticks on Microsoft’s Windows XP stragglers
- Get bumpers out of cribs, doctors urge
- Lesson #1204 – Society
- Logitech M525 wireless mouse lasts three years on a single pair of batteries
- October 18, 2011
- Bill Shock Be Gone: FCC, Wireless Carriers Strike a Deal
- Sears gives iOS devices to employees, Wi-Fi to shoppers
- The Cycle Wherein Apple Creates a Product and People Copy It and Then ‘Improve’ Upon the Design and Then People Ask Apple to Do the Same ‘Improvements’ and Apple Doesn’t and Then People Get Mad at Apple and Apple Keeps Making More Money Than Everyone Else
- Skype / Rdio co-founder’s Vdio service leaks out, pronunciation confirmed
- Probably Bad News: The Murder Was Fatal
- Righthaven Still Trying To Avoid Paying Any Legal Fees Of Those It Illegally Sued
- Samsung and Google’s Ice Cream Sandwich event is tomorrow — get your liveblog here!
- El Paso CEO to get $95 million in exit pay: report
- More efficient heat sinks could sport nanowire whiskers
- 100,000-year-old cave art studio means our ancestors might be smarter than we thought (Yahoo! News)
- Prostate Cancer: Why Men Will Likely Ignore the Calls to Skip PSA Tests
- Joliet cop accused of punching man, placed on leave
- Joining Forces to Rebuild 1,000 Homes for Veterans
- Friend of ex-DCFS director accused of ‘large-scale’ fraud of state funds
- Police: Mich. man had daughter, 9, drive to store
- How Siri Really Works (Comic)
- Mint.com iPad app “will be out very shortly”
- The American Jobs Act Bus Tour: President Obama Visits West Wilkes High School
- What Happened Last Night?
- Rugby Poll FAIL
- Email Is 40 Years Old
- 49ers proceed into bye week with emotional coach
- Apple lawyer says it owns a “thicket of patents”
- DeLorean DMC-12 EV announced for 2013 production, Doc Brown’s whip gets real… electric
- Husband gets Dodgers in McCourt divorce deal
- Latest News for Black Holes
- Toxic Seaweed Poisons Coral Reefs on Contact
- How to insult a mathematician
- ICANN Takes Over Time Zone Database; Dares Astrolabe To Sue
- ‘Drunkorexia:’ A recipe for disaster
- A Rare Glimpse At This Site’s Moderator
- From a single hashtag, a protest circled the world
- Best-Ever Topographic Map of Earth Released
- Police: Northbrook woman, 24, found naked in car with boy, 15
- Client: “Stop typing stuff on my computer. Use your own.” Me: “I’m just…
- Some iPhone 4S owners reporting screen quality issues
Look for more stories tomorrow. If an important story has been missed please leave it in the comments.