Here is today’s Daily Run Down.
- A Hacker has discovered a Qualcomm baseband for iPhones.
- Google has started to push a Fix for the SMS Bug for Android.
- Nuance has opened their Dragon Mobile SDK to developers.
- Google has added a browser-based code editor.
- According to WikiLeaks only a fraction of the Diplomatic cables available have been released.
- The Comic Code Authority, the group tasked with restricting distribution of Comics, has nobody left to censor.
- In 1002, Holy Roman Emperor Otto III dies.
- In 1510, Henry VIII of England appears at a jousting tournament incognito .
- In 1533, Anne Boelyn, the Second Wife of Henry VIII discovers she’s pregnant.
- In 1556, The Deadliest Earthquake, the Shaanxi Earthquake, strikes.
- In 1571, The Royal Exchange opens in London.
- In 1737, American Patriot John Hancock is born.
- In 1789, The First Catholic University in the US, Georgetown College, is founded.
- In 1803, Arthur Guinness, Irish Brewer, dies.
- In 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell is awarded her M.D, becoming the first Female Doctor.
- In 1897, Elva Zona Heaster is found dead, the trial of her husband is the only case where testimony of a ghost secures conviction.
- In 1897, Sir William Samuel Stephenson, the inspiration of James Bond, is born.
- In 1907, Charles Curtis is elected to represent Kansas and is the First Native American Senator.
- In 1919, Comedian Ernie Kovacs is born.
- In 1973, Alexander Onassis, heir of the Onassis family, dies.
- In 1986, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducts it’s first Members.
- In 1989, Catalan Artist Salvador Dali dies.
- In 2002, Reporter Daniel Peral is kidnapped and subsequently murdered.
- In 2003, Actress Nell Carter dies.
Look for more stories tomorrow. If an important story has been missed please leave it in the comments.