Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 364, Valentinain I is proclaimed Roman Emperor.
- In 420, Saint Porphyry, Palestine Bishop dies.
- In 1584, Albert VI of Bavaria is born.
- In 1802, French Writer Victor Hugo is born.
- In 1802, Esek Hopkins, American Revolutionary War Admiral dies.
- In 1815, Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elb.
- In 1846, Buffalo Bill Cody is born.
- In 1852, John Harvey Kellogg, founder of Kellogg, is born.
- In 1903, American Inventor Richard Jordan Gatling, creator of the Gatling Gun, dies.
- In 1908, American Cartoonist Tex Avery is born.
- In 1909, Kinemacolor is first shown in Public at the Palace Theatre in London.
- In 1914, American Actor Robert Alda, father of Alan Alda, is born.
- In 1916, Actor Jackie Gleason is born.
- In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson signs an act making the Grand Canyon a National Park.
- In 1929, President Calvin Coolidge signs an executive order establishing the Grand Teton National Park.
- In 1932, American Country musician Johnny Cash is born.
- In 1935, Adolf Hitler orders the Luftwaffe to be re-formed.
- In 1958, American Astronaut Susan J. Helms was born.
- In 1966, The Launch of AS-201 occurs, it’s the first flight of the Saturn IB Rocket.
- In 1971, The United Nations proclaims the vernal equinox as Earth Day.
- In 1993, The first World Trade Center bombing occurs.
- In 2009, American Basketball Player, and Chicago Bulls Announcer Johnny “Red’ Kerr dies.
- In 2011, James A. McClure, American Politician, dies.
Look for more current news tomorrow and another historical daily run down next week.
This week will be a historical only look since I’ll be out of town.
- In 1519, Panama City in Panama is founded.
- In 1769, Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France, is born.
- In 1843, Tivoli Gardens, the oldest amusement park is founded.
- In 1859, Charles Comiskey, owner of the Chicago White Sox, is born.
- In 1914, the Panama Canal opens to traffic.
- In 1935, English Actor Jim Dale is born.
- In 1935, American Actor Will Rogers dies.
- In 1941, Corporal Josef Jakobs is the last person executed at the Tower of London for treason.
- In 1947, India gains independence from the United Kingddom.
- In 1960, The Republic of Congo becomes independent of France.
- In 1963, Henry John Burnett, becomes the last man hanged in Scotland.
- In 1969, The Woodstock Music and Art Festival opens.
Look for more historical stories tomorrow.