Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1692, Bridget Bishop, alleged Witch, is killed during the Salem Witch Trials.
- In 1710, Scottish mathematician James Short is born.
- In 1832, German engineer Nicklaus Otto is born.
- In 1898, Tuone Udaina, last speaker of the Dalmation Language, dies.
- In 1922, Actress Judy Garland is born.
- In 1926, Actor Lionel Jeffries is born.
- In 1935, Alcoholic’s Anonymous is founded.
- In 1947, Saab produces its first automobile.
- In 1967, The Six-Day War ends.
- In 1977, Apple ships its first Apple II.
- In 1988, American author Louis L’Amour dies.
- In 2001, Pope John Paul II canonizes Saint Rafqa.
- In 2002, American Gangster John Gotti dies.
- In 2003, NASA launches the Sprint Rover, beginging the Mars Exploration missions.
- In 2004, Musician Ray Charles dies.
Look for more current news tomorrow and another historical daily run down next week.
There are 15 stories today.