Here is today’s Historical Daily Run Down.
- In 1066, The Battle of Stamford Bridge ends the Viking invasion of England.
- In 1086, William VIII, Duke of Aquitaine, dies.
- In 1694, Henry Pelham, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, is born.
- In 1780, Jason Fairbanks, Early American murderer, is born.
- In 1789, The US Congress passes Twelve Amdendments to the consitution.
- In 1846, US Forces capture Monterrey, Mexico.
- In 1866, Thomas Hunt Morgan, American Geneticist, is born.
- In 1890, The US Congress establishes Sequoia National Park.
- In 1897, American Writer William Faulkner is born.
- In 1911, Ground is broken at Fenway Park in Boston.
- In 1912, Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism is founded.
- In 1930, Author and humorist, Shel Silverstein is born.
- In 1951, Actor Mark Hamill was born.
- In 1952, Actor Christopher Reeve is born.
- In 1957, Central High School in Little Rock is integrated.
- In 1960, Emily Post, American etiquette expert, dies.
- In 1981, Sandra Day O’Connor becomes the first Supreme Court Justice.
Look for more current news tomorrow and more Historical news next week.